I was minding my own business, waiting on the corner of 6th and 42nd for Tirzah, when a guy walked up to me. He asked me which was 39th street was. Unknown to me, Tirzah had walked up behind me. I extended my arm behind me to point downtown and ended up pointing Tirzah in the forehead hard enough to leave a mark. Was my first reaction "are you ok?!" No. My first reaction was to the stranger "It's ok! I know her!" Oh, Sarah. Whoops. Thankfully, Tirzah forgave me.
We found this really cool bar at the bottom of the park, set up amongst the holiday shops. The bar was outside and was located right next to this great fire pit with Adirondack chairs. The smell of the fire was so inviting so Tirzah and I got some hot spiced apple cider at the bar and relaxed by the fire while we caught up. Fact: I would grab a hot apple cider and sit by that fire every day from now until Christmas if I could. It was completely relaxing and so spirit filling. The spot was in high demand, however, so after we'd been there for about an hour we decided to let some other people enjoy the spot and we walked around the holiday shops, watched the ice skaters and checked out the Bryan Park Christmas Tree.
After grabbing some kettle corn at one of the little shops, we decided to head across the street to Dylan's Candy Bar. Talk about a store filled with holiday spirit! They had a Christmas Tree made out of candy, animated marshmallow snowpeople and tons of holiday candies all around. And was it ever crowded! The kids were all going crazy, but I think some of the parents were pretty excited in there too. We finished up the day by checking out a few touristy shops in Times Square, including the Disney Store. Wow, I think I reverted to my seven-year-old self in there. But then again, who isn't a kid at Christmas?
Sounds so fun and very "NYC Christmas!" <3!
ReplyDelete