Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Hunt

Lunch hour (when I get one) at my internship is now devoted to one thing:

the job hunt.

Depending on the day, this can be very encouraging or very draining. Sometimes there are jobs that sound wonderful and I apply, crossing my fingers and sending positive vibes out into the universe, and other times everything looks horrible.

This whole process started seriously about two weeks ago for me. In that time, I've applied for somewhere between 15 and 20 jobs. That sort of feels like a lot but I need to remember that job searching right along with me are the around 400 people in my program, all the students at the other city school programs, all social workers currently out of work, and all those looking to switch jobs.

Very little fish, very big pond...

...but someone is hungry, and will grab the little fish to eat, right? It's tasty, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment