My cousin Matt is a senior in high school and plays on the varsity football team. Earlier this fall he sent me his football schedule and said he'd love for me to come to the homecoming game. It was the 16th of October, so the previous weekend I made sure to do as much homework for school that I could so I wouldn't have to do much the weekend of the game. On Saturday morning I got up really early, went to Penn Station and bought a round trip ticket to Commack. My aunt (mom's twin sister) picked me up and took me to a lovely bagel shop for a little breakfast. After awhile of catching up we headed over to the game.
I hung out with my cousin Lauren, a freshman at the same school, for a little while since my aunt had to meet up with the other senior moms for a special ceremony. It was so sweet. After introducing all the senior players, each player presented his mom with a bouquet of flowers.
When the game began, Lauren went to sit with her friends and my aunt and I sat with some of my aunt's friends. My aunt got up to go get something and came back with... another cousin! I forgot her son is the same age as Lauren and they go to the same school. He plays the trumpet in the marching band so I got to see even more family than I planned! Super awesome.
The game was pretty close but sadly they ended up losing 19-14. They played hard though and it was fun to watch. Mostly I'm just really glad I was able to actually get out there and support something one of my cousins was doing that if I wasn't living here, I wouldn't be able to do. After the game we went back to the house and I got to catch up with Matt for a REALLY quick second before running to catch the train back to the city. Glad I got to see him first though. I'm so proud of him. He's such a great person.

It is so great that you get to see more family!! I really enjoy hearing about your time up there :)
ReplyDelete