So let's think back over the past ten years. 2000 turning to 2001. A 17 year old senior in high school, applying to college's at the last minute (I don't recommend that!), decided to go to an arts school and then the day before the deadline decided that wasn't the right choice, gave up my musical theatre scholarship and switched to JMU - best decision of the decade for me, I think. Four years of undergrad, made some of the world's best friends, studied abroad in London, got my first taste in the film world and graduated with a Bachelors degree. Moved to Wilmington sight unseen with a friend from high school/college. Worked in the film industry for awhile and decided it wasn't the career I really wanted. Quarterlife crisis. Back to Virginia, got a 10 month position in Admissions at JMU... and decided to stick there for a little. Lost my dearly beloved Grammy & still miss her every day. Decided to try living alone for the first time after swearing I could never do it and ended up loving it. Applied and got accepted to graduate school. Sister got married. Moved to New York City. Oh yes, and lots and lots of moments between those.
Wow, when I look over it that way, things go by in the blink of an eye! Sometimes I think I didn't appreciate each moment as much as I should have when I was in it. New Years Resolution: try to be in each moment and appreciate it more. That and eat more veggies.
No clue what the next ten years will bring but I'm sure excited to see where life takes me. I close this last blog entry of 2010 with a quote from my favorite movie, Tsotsi:
Choose wisely, friends! Much love to you all.
Ah, yes, let me think back on the last 10 years. Oh, wait, they were EXACTLY LIKE YOURS, almost. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Sarah!! 'Til we meet again!
xo