Thursday, January 20, 2011

The countdown begins

Halfway done with first day of classes in graduate school. Only two more! Probably shouldn't be counting down already, huh? I'm so ready to have a job again and be working regularly. Unfortunately my school does not agree and won't give me my diploma for another year. So it's on to more classes for me!

Today went really well. Three new professors, one same as last semester. Lots of new people in my classes and am looking forward to getting to know them. Last semester I had most of my classes with all the same people which was nice but made my program feel incredibly small. I love hearing other people's perspectives on the topics we talk about in class so this semester should be good for some new ones. Nice to still see the familiar faces in some classes and the hallways though. Most looking forward to my Social Welfare & Policy class because I've been getting more interested in policy recently. Also really looking forward to Human Behavior and the Social Environment II after meeting the professor today. She seems like she's going to make it really fun AND I have that class with my great friends Derek, Rebecca and Mindi.

Also great end to the day. Got out of my research class early so I texted roomie Liz (who has been working crazy hours and I haven't seen her in DAYS) to see if she wanted to meet at Rockwood to see Martin Rivas. It was a more mellow show tonight so it was the perfect way to unwind from a long first day of classes. We were really hungry after that so we stopped at Subway on the way home and then crashed on the couch for some Thursday night television. Aside from the fact that we missed Jeopardy - a favorite in our apartment - it really was a great end to the first day of second semester.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good, Sare! Good luck with all your classes. Kudos for your efforts - I don't think I could go through school all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steph! It's definitely harder than I thought it'd be. Sometimes I think "what the heck was I thinking signing up for this?!" but when that happens... I visualize graduation and an MSW after my name, haha.

    ReplyDelete