I absolutely love my roommates. This semester we all seem to have conflicting schedules and haven't been able to hang out all together since at least the beginning of January... but that probably goes back until December at least. Rachel's schedule at the restaurant gives her Mondays and Tuesdays as her "weekend" and a few weeks ago she asked Liz and I if we happened to have a Monday or Tuesday evening free in the next few weeks - she had a surprise planned for us. Fortunately, we all happened to have yesterday evening open.
I got home from my internship and then Liz came home from school not too much longer after that. Both of us were really excited to see what the surprise was. I learned when I got home from my internship that it included food (because I started to eat an apple and Rachel told me not to eat too much because her surprise had something to do with food). So when both of us were home and settled, Rachel sprung her surprise on us: since we hardly ever get to spend time together with all three of us, she was taking us to dinner at a nice Italian restaurant to have some roommate time! We all changed into nice clothes (I'll be honest - I had put my sweatpants on as soon as I got home) and headed over to the restaurant.
Such a cute place! I don't remember the name but it was on East 7th between 1st and 2nd Avenues. We ordered a bottle of prosecco to start and the appetizer sampler: three different types of bruschetta. Each of us picked one and I think we each chose pretty wisely. Deliciousness. We each chose a different entree: Rachel had the carbonara, Liz had the baked rigatoni and I had the baked lasagna. Our server suggested a wonderful bottle of red to go along with them all. About halfway through our meal we decided to play pass the plate so we could each get a taste of the others. Wow, I must say. We all chose fantastic dishes!
Near the end of our evening, our server came over and asked if we lived in the neighborhood. We said we did and he asked us if we'd be willing to sign a petition to help them get a license to serve alcohol outside. We're all about supporting our local joints so of course we did. He seemed really nervous asking us which was so cute. A few minutes later he came back with three shots of limoncello for us. We thanked him and he said "Ladies. No need to thank me" in his great Italian accent.
The evening came to an end with all three of us delightfully full of delicious Italian food and bellys aching from laughing so hard. We really have an amazing living situation with each other. We're all so fortunate that the three of us randomly came together and just happen to get along so brilliantly.
"...I'll meet you anytime you want in our Italian restaurant"
That is SO awesome! I love the surprise and even more how the 3 of you get along so well!
ReplyDeleteSounds swell, Sarah! What a New York moment! :)
ReplyDeletepass the prosecco!