
Rebecca texted me on Friday saying she entered us to get tickets to a bunch of talk shows, like The View, Wendy Williams and Martha Stewart, hope that's ok with me. Of course it was - I'm always up for anything! Over the weekend I honestly forgot about it. This morning we were at our internship, where Rebecca never has cell phone reception, but amazingly her phone rang! She picked up and it was a guy from the Late Show! He asked if she read the website and she said "Um, not really" and he said "I'm going to take that as a no. Do you know you have to answer a trivia question to win the tickets?" Oops. Our question was "what instrument does band leader Paul Shaffer play?" Easy enough... for people who actually watch the show. Rebecca repeated the question out loud and I took the hint. Opened up Google and typed in "Paul Shaffer" while Rebecca stalled by asking if he was the bald guy. Lo and behold, the first picture that popped up was him playing a keyboard. "KEYBOARD!" Rebecca yelled and the guy on the phone said "Congratulations! You're on John's Gold List for tickets to the show!" We left work early to pick up our tickets.
Got in line at the theatre and got our tickets by 4pm. We were told to come back at 5pm so we killed some time at the Starbucks on the corner. [I'm really not a fan of Starbucks coffee so I got a passion tea lemonade.] Went back at 5 and got in another line. We got some instructions from the interns, the main one being "Even if you don't think it's funny - LAUGH." Ahh, I remember the days of shouting instructions at hundreds of background actors. Feels so powerful, haha. Moving along. Finally got inside to our seats. Fourth row! They were really great seats. Found out the guests for the show were Robin Williams and Judy Greer. The band came out and played a few songs. The warm up man came out and told some jokes. Then Dave came out. Talked to us a bit, told a few jokes and then we started filming. It was really great but I felt so pressured to laugh that I found myself analyzing EVERYTHING, trying to think if that was supposed to be funny and should I laugh or just let it go? I will tell you though, I'm totally over Charlie Sheen jokes. They can stop now and Charlie Sheen can go away. Anyway.

Robin Williams was hilarious. He's looking a bit like Santa right now and he's a lot shorter than I thought he'd be. He was on the show for his Broadway play opening soon: Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo. Judy Greer was on for her show Mad Love. She always plays the awkward, angry best friend in movies and in reality was really pretty! She was funny too. Once they were done, we were DONE. Literally. Dave signed off, the interns ran down the aisles and pointed at the exits. There we went, out at 7pm. Rebecca and I great time there. Definitely worth trying to win tickets for.
Show airs Thursday, 3/3 at 11:30pm. That's past my bedtime, but I'll try to stay up.
ROBIN WILLIAMS!! I LOVE HIM! And I love Judy Greer! What a fun viewing Sara :-) Lucky girl all these fun things you get to go to!
ReplyDelete