Friday, January 27, 2012

For your viewing pleasure

Ever turn on the television, flick through every channel you have and sigh "Ugh, there's NOTHING on!"? Yeah, me too. With the exception of Parenthood, there's nothing that I really keep up with on TV anymore. Every once in awhile I catch The Big Bang Theory, and that's pretty good. Who Do You Think You Are is coming back which I'm happy about (cause I'm a genealogy nerd). It's still a little disheartening. Though I cancelled the DVD portion of my Netflix account, I kept the online streaming and I've turned to that for my television entertainment. If you're feeling like me, here are some series that I've been watching lately:


The IT Crowd




United States of Tara


The Riches


I'm thinking about picking up Shameless when I finish The Riches. Anyone have other suggestions? Please don't say How I Met Your Mother. Or Modern Family. I really like Modern Family, I just feel I've fallen too far behind this season and need to wait until the season is released.

3 comments:

  1. I'm watching Homeland and I just got caught up on Nurse Jackie and Mad Men. All of which are pretty dark, but highly addictive, no pun intended. I also watched the pilot of SMASH and I thought it was decent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm leaning more toward the dark shows now, not really sure why. Are all three of those available on Netflix? Mad Men is one that for some reason I always thought was on a channel I didn't get, but I was wrong.

    Billboard Magazine has a huge article about SMASH, and they mentioned that if the musical in the show (and I guess the show itself) does well enough, they'd like to try and take it to Broadway. That would be interesting to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entertainment Weekly, I mean, not Billboard.

    ReplyDelete