It's been pretty amazingly awesome and crazy since I've gotten back to the city from my wonderful Christmas in Virginia. Jessica, my BFF from high school, actually made the trek back up with me, and it was so nice to have a travel buddy. We only had one full day together before I had to go back to my internship and we fit in as much as we could. Since it was freezing, we tried to do things inside so we wouldn't freeze to death. One of our stops included Madame Tussaud's where we took many o'pics with some wax celebrities and saw The Polar Express in 4D. Getting sprayed in the face with "snow" was quite the experience.
We also checked out Eataly, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que for lunch (delicious AND they serve Arnold Palmers, yum) and got tickets to see Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, among other things. While she was here, I also managed to set up a dinner between us and our dear friend Casey. Casey and Jessica had not seen each other since high school, so it was such a joyous reunion. Jessica left on Thursday and on Friday, another great friend of mine from high school/college/roommate in Wilmington, Megan, came to visit the city with her sister Keisha. It was a blast catching up with them over dinner and some sightseeing in Times Square.
This past week has also flown by with front row student rush seats to see Sister Act with Bex, catch up dinner with Meghan, Scott's housewarming in Astoria and a Golden Globes viewing party at Stephanie's, amongst my work at my internship. I got five new clients in a matter of two days! That's pretty exciting. Also pretty fantastic, because I'll now have more options as I prepare to do my case presentation this semester.
Speaking of school, tomorrow is my last first day of school EVER. Well, I also said that in January of 2005 but I hadn't planned on getting my Masters back then. A doctorate is no where near even being a possibility on my radar, so I feel like it's pretty safe to say this time.
Only one slighty terrifying story to share as 2012 continues it's beginning. While taking the subway to Stephanie's in Brooklyn the other night, an odd man (who was talking and cursing to himself) got on the subway car. I was standing at a pole with about three other people. His voice was getting louder and I was pretty sure he was getting closer. All of a sudden, he was close enough for me to feel his beard on my face. GROSS. I jumped back away from the pole, as did the other people, to let him pass by. The nice thing is the other three people gave me huge sympathetic, "are you ok?" looks. Not the most comfortable subway ride ever, but it definitely could have been a lot worse.
oh my goodness! can't believe you didn't mention this subway adventure. glad you're okay. happy last first day. :)
ReplyDeleteI think I was either still processing or attempting to block it out because I forgot to tell my roommate until last night, haha. Thanks for the last first day well wishes! You are next!!
ReplyDelete