Monday, March 28, 2011

Change It Up!

We've had a little switcheroo here in our apartment. Rachel, sadly, has left us to move back to Virginia! She got an amazing job opportunity at The Rock Barn, a catering and butchering company that works out of Oak Ridge Estate. It's right up her alley and there's no way she couldn't take it! She searched on CraigsList for a subleaser and within a few days we found one.

Enter Julie! She's an actress and nanny from Massachusettes and is awesome! She moved in Friday night and it's nice to have a third roommate again. So happy we found someone who fits in so easily. It's always a little nerve racking to look for a new roommate. Found a good one though! And we discovered through Facebook we have a mutual friend (Thom Miller, for all you CFLCers) which is always a great sign. Friends of friends are usually pretty cool. Definitely worked in this case.

So yesterday I had a cupcake craving. It was pretty bad. I never get cravings for stuff like that. Mine are more like bagel and cream cheese or something. Anyway, I decided to give in. There are SO MANY cupcake places around the city. I wanted to find some non-chain place around my neighborhood. Yelp seemed like a great place to start the search.

BINGO!!!


Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery, in a word, is delectable. I went with the complete intention of just getting a cupcake for myself. When I saw the display case, though, I couldn't help myself. Well, and I thought of my roommates too. I decided to make it a "Welcome Home, Julie!" thing. All three of us thoroughly enjoyed ours. They're completely perfect to just have one - it's really all you need. Yum yum yum.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE cupcakes! I want one now haha. When I come up we are going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'll be the one to ask...what happened to the forth cupcake?! Surprisingly, I haven't seen it in my mailbox yet. Odd ;)

    I realize that you will probably be here when I finally get to NYC in August, so if you would, make me a list of cupcake places you go to and recommend? I will be eternally grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Good luck with the new roommate!

    ReplyDelete