It's such a relevant topic to discuss and I know this documentary will be a huge part in getting lots of talking started. Women in American society constantly question and criticize themselves. Ourselves. I'm definitely included in that. Self-esteem is a big issue. It's something that needs to be instilled in women starting in childhood. Media does a lot to tear women and girls down to sell products. I think it's wonderful Casey will be using media to build that back up. Please check out the Facebook page for more information (even how YOU can get involved!): The Real Initiative.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
The Real Initiative
My friend Casey is an incredibly brilliant creative talent. I got an email from her today about a new project she is working on. It's a documentary highlighting what it's like to be a woman in today's American society. As Casey put it:
"Am I pretty enough, am I skinny enough, am I smart enough, am I out going enough? And the answer is yes. You are. This movie isn’t just about the women I interview; it’s about all of us. We all have stories to tell, and we can all relate to those stories in one-way or another."
It's such a relevant topic to discuss and I know this documentary will be a huge part in getting lots of talking started. Women in American society constantly question and criticize themselves. Ourselves. I'm definitely included in that. Self-esteem is a big issue. It's something that needs to be instilled in women starting in childhood. Media does a lot to tear women and girls down to sell products. I think it's wonderful Casey will be using media to build that back up. Please check out the Facebook page for more information (even how YOU can get involved!): The Real Initiative.
It's such a relevant topic to discuss and I know this documentary will be a huge part in getting lots of talking started. Women in American society constantly question and criticize themselves. Ourselves. I'm definitely included in that. Self-esteem is a big issue. It's something that needs to be instilled in women starting in childhood. Media does a lot to tear women and girls down to sell products. I think it's wonderful Casey will be using media to build that back up. Please check out the Facebook page for more information (even how YOU can get involved!): The Real Initiative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment