Tuesday, August 9, 2011

28 Times Around The Sun

My birthday was a few days ago and what a sweet weekend. Kaitlin, my psuedo sister-in-law (my sister's sister-in-law) was getting married to Mike the day before up in Buffalo, New York. I had come down to Virginia to ride up with my parents instead of having to figure out how to get there from the city. It was such a beautiful wedding and so much fun! I had seen some of the family at Kaitlin's bridal shower in June but some of them I hadn't seen since my sister and Greer's wedding so it was great to catch up with them. (Side note: I'm so thrilled my sister married into a family that feels like our family too!)

Mr. and Mrs. Chidester


Sunday was my birthday and I had told my parents before the trip that since we were only about half an hour away, I'd really love to see Niagara Falls. They hadn't sounded too excited about it because we had such a long drive back to Virginia. I woke up on Sunday and guess what: they surprised me! We were actually going to go!




It was so beautiful. You can walk right along the river leading up to the falls. It's so crazy to see it go from calm water to rapids to huge waterfall. Nature is just absolutely breathtaking.

We did end up having a long drive back to my parents house but it wasn't terrible. I actually enjoy long road trips. To make it even better, I was getting texts and phone calls from some of the worlds greatest friends to wish me a happy birthday. When I got back to my parents I was overwhelmed with messages from friends. I'm so incredibly thankful for all you wonderful people in my life. I'm truly lucky.



2 comments:

  1. You blocked out the S. So glad you went to Niagra Tate Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tate Parks are way cooler than State Parks.

    ReplyDelete