Thursday, August 18, 2011

TV on the Radio on the Billboard

Super news, first. My friend Meghan was living on the Upper East Side this past year. She decided to move and has been looking for a new place for months. Currently she's subleasing a place for this month only a block away from me. Love it! Can it get better than that, having a great friend only a block away? Oh yes, it can. Meghan got a new place yesterday... in MY BUILDING! She'll be one short flight of stairs away! So on top of that great news, other great news is my roommate Liz ISN'T moving to England this fall which means she's staying in the apartment! I feel an amazing year coming on.

Next. I just got back to the city from good ole Virginia on Tuesday evening. Meghan and I made plans to hang out at her (sublease) place on Wednesday evening just to catch up. Aside from getting a new apartment, she also started a new job. I got a message from her saying her friend from her old job (advertising agency) was doing a music related free event that night, would I like to go. Sure! There weren't specific details at the time but I'm always up for something like that. Meghan met me on the corner and told me the details, which she had just gotten from her friend. Went down another block to catch up with Meghan's friend Jordan and his roommates Matt and Moncef and headed over to the corner of Great Jones and Lafayette.

Turns out, it was TV on the Radio playing a secret show sponsored by Heineken! Meghan's friend works on the Heineken account and was helping to organize the show. I'd heard of the band before but wasn't really familiar with any of their songs. They put on a great show! A pretty large crowd gathered and during one stoplight, a UPS man actually jumped out of his truck to listen for a second too.

TV on the Radio


Only in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment