Monday, August 1, 2011

Diamonds From The Sky

This afternoon I caught a breathtaking sight. I was doing some work on my computer in the bedroom I'm staying in at my parents (my sister's old bedroom) and I happened to look up and out the window - the one with the great view of the mountains. The sun was shining so brightly but there was something else shining brightly too. I swear, there were DIAMONDS falling from the sky! Now I knew this wasn't actually true. We were experiencing a beautiful sun shower and the way the sun was reflecting on the raindrops made them look like diamonds. Know the song Pennies From Heaven?

"Every time it rains, it rains/Pennies from Heaven
Don't you know each cloud contains/Pennies from Heaven"


Even though I'm saying I saw diamonds, this is the song that popped into my mind as soon as I saw them. I smiled and watched for a few minutes and then the whole thing was over. It was just such a lovely little snippet of a moment. Something worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment