Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ah, November.

Happy, happy November! Let me tell you, November has come in with a BANG. Case in point:

On November 1st I was just getting out of my last class at school when I received a text from my roommate, Julie. "The bathroom ceiling caved in. What do I do?" I texted her back to call the maintenance number and let someone know. She did and texted me back that they'd come the next morning to take a look and to call them immediately if any water started coming through. The next morning, Julie had just left for work and both Liz and I were in the kitchen when we hear a GUSH of water coming from the bathroom. We run in there and there is a waterfall coming from the hole in our ceiling. Apparently whoever lives upstairs had just gotten in the show and because of the hole in the pipe, the water was draining directly into our tub. What?! At least it was the shower and not the toilet. So the fix it guy comes, looks at the hole and says "DAMN! That's a big hole." He cleans all the debris out of the tub, patches the hole in the pipe with duct tape and lets me know the plumber will be here on Saturday. Hey, as long as nothing is falling on me in the shower, I'm cool with waiting until Saturday. Gotta love these crazy New York apartments.

Turns out last night at 11pm, Elle was playing at Rockwood. Liz, Jordan, Meghan, Owen and I went to Mole pre-show for some drinks, quacamole and hang out time. Mmm, Mole is delicious and the company was even better. We headed across the street in perfect timing for the show. Elle was amazing, as expected. Jordan, Meghan and Owen had never seen her before and they loved her. Liz and I got a huge smile from her when she spotted us as we walked in and a huge hug after the show.

Me, Elle and Meghan


Thus begins my two favorite months of the year! Hooray!!!

2 comments:

  1. This, to me, is a story of tragedy and triumph. Unwanted bathroom waterfalls are always unfortunate, but at least it was in the bathtub! Why do you call this a "very Sarah story?"

    Miss you guys!!

    Love,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel!! Yeah, soooo grateful the waterfall was into the bathtub. Liz talked to one of the girls upstairs and apparently they had the same thing happen from the people on the 5th floor, except the 5th floor bathroom was over her roommate's bed so everything got soaked.

    I needed a blog title so I picked "A Very Sarah Story" because... well I don't really know, it just came to me. Kind of like "a very funny story" or "a very tragic story" but it's all me, so Sarah seemed to suit, haha.

    Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete