Monday, November 14, 2011

A Weekend In New England

Autumn is DEFINITELY an amazing time to be in New England and I was lucky enough to spend this past weekend in Connecticut. It was great to get out of the city for a little bit. My roommate Liz's mom is the executive director/CEO of Camp Hazen YMCA and as the daughter of a former camp director, I've been dying to go visit since I found out we had this in common.

PERFECT weekend at Camp Hazen. Fresh air! Trees! Hiking! The lake! Camp food! And... the family dog slept on my bed. I've been missing my dog like crazy so it was super awesome to have a pup to cuddle with. But the real treat was getting to be at camp. The smells are so familiar...mmmm, campfire... and so are the sounds, like the crunch of the path beneath your feet. Nature is so relaxing. I know we've got Central Park here in the city, but there's nothing like being at a camp.

Saturday evening the camp was having a fundraiser called "A Night at the Theatre." It was held at the Goodspeed. The proceeds from the fundraiser went to benefit the camp. I volunteered to help sell raffle buttons. There was a strolling auction too. The guests got to bid on the auction items, buy raffle buttons and then go see the show, Hello! My Baby. After the show, the winners were announced. It was so much fun! Can't wait to volunteer again next year. Anything to help a camp out.

No comments:

Post a Comment