The year is flying by. The months pass by, days go even quicker and the seconds... I don't know where they go. I don't understand. The five year old me though the years were so long and summer vacation would NEVER come. Guess that's growing up for you!
Thanksgiving came and went waaaaayyyy to quickly. It feels like a dream! I actually got to catch a ride home with my mom instead of taking the train. My aunt (her twin sister) had surgery on Long Island the week before Thanksgiving and my mom went up to help her out after her hospital stay. After school that Tuesday I took the Long Island Railroad out to stay the night with them. CRAZY things happened. My aunt lives in a studio apartment so we were all staying in the same room. In the middle of the night I woke up to the two of them talking in their sleep... TO EACH OTHER. Must be a twin thing. Mom and I got up at 4am and got on the road to Virginia. So nice to be able to spread out in the car instead of sharing a seat on the crowded train.
I really love Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday - a day to just stop and be thankful and spend it with loved ones. Always have to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade too. That's one of my most favorite things ever. We had some family come over for dinner in the afternoon. At the table I was seated between my cousins Chris and Joe. Only ended up with ONE Reese's Pieces in my drink when I wasn't looking. I did fear for my life at one point though. Chris's favorite is the cranberry sauce - he actually brings his own can just "in case." I took a little bit and got the death glare from him. That grip on his fork... I was pretty sure I was going to be stabbed. Thankfully I was wrong and the Hulk turned back into Chris.
My sister got home from her trip to Africa that Saturday. She has a friend in the Peace Corps in Cape Verde, so she went for a week to visit with a few other friends. After looking at all her pictures and hearing her stories, I'm ready to make the trip myself! On Saturday my most wonderful, dearest, greatest, best friend who I miss so much, Jessica, also came over and we got to catch up a bit. Not enough time though so I can't wait for Christmas vacation!
Speaking of, that's coming up insanely fast too. Only one big paper, a meeting with the Legislative Policy Director for an NYC councilperson and two finals stand between me and the end of the semester. I can't believe it's only two weeks and then I move into the last semester of grad school. Graduation at Radio City Music Hall? Yes, thank you! I'm sure it will be here before I know it. As excited as I am, I'm still reminding myself to enjoy each day and try to stay in the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment