Dad and me at my MSW graduation
He's also never pressed his beliefs on me or my sister. Dad's always enabled me to think for myself. He's absolutely wonderful to bounce ideas or questions off of. The more and more I write about him right now, I'm just in more and more awe of what a truly incredible dad he is. I feel so lucky. He and my mom have given me such strong roots and a solid foundation and then sent me off to explore and carve my own path in life.
My dad's not had it easy over the past couple of years. Far from it, in fact. After all the encouragement and support he's given me over the years, it's been an honor and privilege to be able to (I hope) give that back to him. Dad, I've seen such strength in you over these past few years. I know you haven't felt that way, but trust me - it shines through you. I'm so proud to be your daughter. Happy Fathers Day!!!!!

Awesome tribute to a wonderful man! We love Kenn (and Dee, too!!) and also see the qualities that Sarah talks about! Thanks for sharing your mom and dad with us:) We love you all!
ReplyDeleteI love you guys too!!! We've gotten quite the wonderful extended family from Bethel, and I ALWAYS look forward to see you when I'm back in the Valley!
ReplyDelete