The Duplex has a great cabaret space on the second floor. It's pretty intimate, holding about 70 audience members. Liz and I arrived early to make sure we got a good seat. Second table from the front! Perfect! The show got started around 10pm. Each performer was allowed three songs to sing. Julie would be signing "A Summer in Ohio", "The Flagmaker" and "Can't Help Lovin That Man Of Mine" and would be the fourth performer. She looked stunning as she walked on the stage. Then homegirl proceeded to bring down the house!! I was so proud of her and had this big goofy smile the whole time because she was so great. Liz and I cheered so loud at the end of her set. We were like proud moms! She was so fabulous!!! Julie's parents actually came from Massachuestts for the show and her dad recorded her whole set. Check out her opening number (video by her father):
That's my roommate!!! So proud of her!!! I'm so excited to see where her talent takes her next!
No comments:
Post a Comment