I have been truly blessed with the friendships I have in my life. Amazing, truly. It's been hard being apart from a big chunk of them up here but thanks to modern technology it's a little easier (i.e. two hour Skype chats with my BFF Jessica in Virginia). Well, and old technology. I'm still a big letter writer.
Tonight I received a perfectly wonderful phone call from one of my dearest friends Christy who lives out in Chicago. We met 10 years ago this August on move in day as freshmen at JMU. (Hey Hoffman Hall! 10 years ago guys, can you believe it?) Last time we saw each other was in 2009 when I went to Chicago for Lollapalooza. We decided the last time we actually spoke on the phone was before I moved up here, though we've had many emails, texts messages, Facebook postings and letters.
I sat on the fire escape while we talked for over an hour, catching each other up on every detail of each others lives. It was so comforting and wonderful to hear her voice! After we hung up, I just sat in the cool night air reflecting on all the wonderful people I have in my life. I'm so rich in friendships. I don't say it enough to your faces, but I do think about you guys all the time and know just how blessed I am to have you all in my life. While thinking of everyone and how lucky I feel to know you all, this popped into my mind:
The ones I love
Some folks just have one
Others they got none
-- Just Breathe (Eddie Vedder)
Love. You. All.
No comments:
Post a Comment