I was dead tired and falling asleep on the couch when my BFF Jessica texted saying she and her friend Bryan were on the way to my house to take me to Winchester to see The Reflex with them. I made one attempt to get out of it, which Jessica was having none of and I know her well enough to know if I didn't get up and get ready on my own she'd come and do it for me. SO happy I did get off the couch. We met up with some of her other friends there and I actually ran into my friend Kris. Had a blast. Hadn't seen Relfex in forever and they have a new lead female singer now (sorry, Zach). Always rockin the '80s!
Saturday's when the love stories started. Headed down to Richmond with my parents for the wedding of one of my greatest friends from college, John, to his wonderful fiancee (now wife) Holly. My dad was actually doing the ceremony so it's was fun to have my parents there. Almost all of our friends were there and whoa, so heartwarming to be with everyone again! We're all over the place now - NYC, Los Angeles, Boston, DC, Chicago, Harrisonburg... - so all of us getting together is a little challenging. The wedding was so... cool. There's no better way to describe it. During the seating before the ceremony there was a string quartet playing orchestral versions of Lady Gaga, Madonna, Fall Out Boy, The Beatles... very John and Holly. Their first dance song was written specifically for the two of them by the lead singer of Say Anything. Super fantastic dance party with all our friends. Just an amazingly fun night. Huzzah!
Sunday was my sister and Greer's one year anniversary! They were actually traveling home from a semi-honeymoon/vacation to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. Ended up having a delicious dinner of KFC with them to celebrate and looked at all the pictures from their trip. I've never been to Savannah but am DYING to go now. Looks beautiful! I cannot believe their wedding was a year ago now. It was so much fun, I was so sad when that night was over. Hands down one of the best parties I've ever been to, haha. What's most wonderful is a year later, these two are still as much in love, if not even more, as they were on that wedding day. Such a great couple.
No comments:
Post a Comment