I think this is a great thing. Why shouldn't this be a time to make great changes? Challenge the way things have traditionally been done. Try new ways. Really embrace this time and make it the dawning of a new age. Make a bigger move toward caring for each other and our environment. I think there has been a swing that way already - the momentum needs to continue. Not only continue, but pick up and go even farther. It can be done, I definitely believe it can. Am I an idealist? Maybe. But what a great thing to work for.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
The New Economy Movement
With this economic crisis over the past few years, there's been a lot of speculation on what's coming next. How is it going to recover? Is it going to recover? I've been hearing a bit about a new economy movement. An overhaul of the way we've been living and the traditional is out. The new econony would be one of increased care of the environment and social care of each other. My parents have been intrigued by this movement as well and since I've been in Virginia we've had a few discussions about it, tossing around our own thoughts. My mom found and read these two articles last night and shared them with me this morning. They're very interesting:
The Old Economy's Not Coming Back. So What's Next?
How Ordinary Americans Subvert an Unfair Economy
I think this is a great thing. Why shouldn't this be a time to make great changes? Challenge the way things have traditionally been done. Try new ways. Really embrace this time and make it the dawning of a new age. Make a bigger move toward caring for each other and our environment. I think there has been a swing that way already - the momentum needs to continue. Not only continue, but pick up and go even farther. It can be done, I definitely believe it can. Am I an idealist? Maybe. But what a great thing to work for.
I think this is a great thing. Why shouldn't this be a time to make great changes? Challenge the way things have traditionally been done. Try new ways. Really embrace this time and make it the dawning of a new age. Make a bigger move toward caring for each other and our environment. I think there has been a swing that way already - the momentum needs to continue. Not only continue, but pick up and go even farther. It can be done, I definitely believe it can. Am I an idealist? Maybe. But what a great thing to work for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment