Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Ink!

I've been wanting to get a second tattoo for awhile now. I knew where (on my left wrist) but wasn't quite sure what I wanted. There were a few ideas I threw around here and there but nothing was really striking me. When I got the one on my foot, the design just came to me and BAM, I knew it was the right one. After tossing around ideas I figured I'd just let something come to me and I'd know if it was right or not. Definitely the right way to go. One day it came to me and I knew it was exactly what I wanted.

Jessica had been talking about getting her first tattoo and asked me if I'd go with her. Of course! Then I told her I actually wanted to get another one too, so we could get them together. We made plans to meet up on Friday night and go get them done. I met her at her office, did a quick Happy Hour at Union Station ...



...and then headed over to Painted Lady for the ink. Painted Lady is where I got my first one done and was extremely happy with them so I wanted to stick with them. Highly recommend them! Ready to see the finished products?

Jess: one up mushroom. Me: Tikkun Olam


By Rich at Painted Lady


Tikkun Olam means "repairing the world" and I see it, for me, as a reminder to advocate for and participate in social justice and any other contribution I can make to helping the world become a better place. The peace sign felt necessary to include. I'm so thrilled with the way it turned out and LOVE it. My sister said it keeps with my Michael Jackson theme with "Heal the World." I didn't think of that before hand but it really does! That made me even more happy with it. Icing on the cake was Jessica and I got them done together. It's what BFF's do, you know.

As he bandaged me up, Rich (the artist) asked what Jessica and I were doing the rest of the night. While telling him I was going downtown he started to laugh. I asked why he was laughing. He looked down at the wrap on my wrist and said "Well, that looks a little curious." Completely did! I threw a sweater on to cover that up just a bit. He told me I could take the bandage off after an hour to make that easier. Thanks! Jess and I went to Cally's but ended up downing our drinks we had ordered because we ran into some friends and ended up going to Blue Nile, having a blast and dancing the night away.

No comments:

Post a Comment