Mom decided to actually stay in the city for a few days with me. I've been wanting her to do that since I moved up here and she did too so it was great it finally worked out. We walked all around lower Manhattan, and I mean ALL around. Mom wanted to see a Broadway show too - a musical and one she knew the songs to. We decided on Rock of Ages, which ended up being a phenomenal choice. For real. Our tickets were third row orchestra on the aisle so the seats were absolutely perfect. Primo for the glitter. At the end of the show, one of the characters shoots off a glitter canon which happened to be aimed right at us. The next morning we were still picking glitter out of our hair! We were also sitting next to a guy who came by himself, Andy, and we ended up talking to him for awhile. He said this show was too rock and roll for his parents so they went to see Mamma Mia. He was pretty impressed when I said my mom picked this show out! Then again, I don't have your typical mother!
It was so great to have her here for a few days. After being in Virginia for so long, it made a really nice transition back to the city for me. My uncle came to pick her up this evening and take her back to his house so she can leave from Long Island in the morning (and not have to worry about parking in the city - she left her car at his house while she was with me). Definitely going to miss having her around!
No comments:
Post a Comment