It's days like today that I really miss my grandmother. We both really loved snow. On the first snow of each year, I'd call her. "Grammy, are you seeing this?! Happy first snow of the season!" I'd say as soon as she picked up the phone. "You bet! I'm sitting by the window watching it come down. It's beautiful!" she'd reply. This morning I actually didn't notice it was snowing until I walked outside. I couldn't stop thinking of her while I was walking around in it today. Every time I look out the window now I think of her. She would LOVE this. I'm sure she's still seeing it today.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
First Snow
It may be October but I don't care. I'm so excited about this SNOW!! It's beautiful outside. Not sticking to the ground but as long as it's falling from the sky, I'm pleased as punch. (What does that even mean? I don't really know but it sounded good.)

It's snowing in Tompkins Square Park!
It's days like today that I really miss my grandmother. We both really loved snow. On the first snow of each year, I'd call her. "Grammy, are you seeing this?! Happy first snow of the season!" I'd say as soon as she picked up the phone. "You bet! I'm sitting by the window watching it come down. It's beautiful!" she'd reply. This morning I actually didn't notice it was snowing until I walked outside. I couldn't stop thinking of her while I was walking around in it today. Every time I look out the window now I think of her. She would LOVE this. I'm sure she's still seeing it today.
It's days like today that I really miss my grandmother. We both really loved snow. On the first snow of each year, I'd call her. "Grammy, are you seeing this?! Happy first snow of the season!" I'd say as soon as she picked up the phone. "You bet! I'm sitting by the window watching it come down. It's beautiful!" she'd reply. This morning I actually didn't notice it was snowing until I walked outside. I couldn't stop thinking of her while I was walking around in it today. Every time I look out the window now I think of her. She would LOVE this. I'm sure she's still seeing it today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment