Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm hungry like the wolf

So I did make it to Elle King's CMJ showcase at The Living Room. She was so great. Liz and I actually met her before the show and she told us to make our way to the front row so she could have some friendly faces to sing to because she was nervous. We did and she mouthed to us "you made it!" and gave us a big smile. She played an amazing set!! She had no reason to be nervous. She killed it. Here's one of my favorites by her:


Good To Be A Man - Elle King


You should also check out another great one, I Told You I Was Mean. She's got a fantastic sound. There's the bit of that whiskey voice which really makes her music. And the fact that she plays the banjo too. Don't see that too much by female artists. After the show Liz and I went up to say goodbye and she gave us each a big hug, thanked us for coming and said hope to see us at another show. You can bet your sweet bippy I'll go to another show!

Tuesday. Long day. It's my school day so I'm there for hours upon end and am really kind of beat by the end of the day. But as you saw last Tuesday, I can't resist live music and will run from school to wherever I need to go to catch an awesome show. So I get a text in school telling me to go to Madison Square Garden at 7:30. What!? I get out of school at 7:20, so I had to run, but was super psyched. I've never been to a show there! Who did I see?



Only DURAN DURAN. How leden...wait for it...dary! It was so crazy to see them live. They played all the songs I wanted them to (i.e. all the songs by them that I know) including Reach Up For The Sunrise, which came out during my college years and was one of my favorites. The crowd was crazy too. It was pretty obvious everyone around us had been fans for YEARS. They knew every word to every song. So much fun. And at MSG? Incredible. They had two special guests also: Ana Matronic, of the Scissor Sisters, and Mark Ronson. Pretty sweet.

Oh, New York. You treat me so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment