Friday, October 28, 2011

It's chilly and wonderful

There's that chill in the air, the one that kind of bites at you. The coldness hits you so hard when you step outside that you have to take a moment to catch your breath. Ah, I love this time of year. The ice rink is up at Rockefeller Center, The Holiday Shops at Bryant Park opened yesterday... it's all starting! I know Halloween still has to happen, but that's on Monday and then it's November and my most favorite time of year begins. Not that I'm wishing Halloween away (ok, I kind of am) but I peaked with my Halloween costumes when I was really young (seriously, my costume was amazing. I was the best Rainbow Bright EVER!) so it's not my most exciting holiday. Still appreciate it though! I love seeing everyone else's costumes and I'm looking forward to the Village Halloween Parade.

Anyhowdywho. Another thing I love about this time of year are the drinks. Apple cider, caramel apple spice, pumpkin spice latte, hot chocolate, maple flavored things... mmmmm. One of my great friends, Kristen, is in town for a conference and I met up with her, her brother and some of his co-workers last night for a show and dinner. The place we went to for dinner, Little Giant, had this drink called Hummingbird Punch (actually the menu said "Hummingbrid") and it was perfect. Last night was so rainy and freezing and the drink was hot and cinnamony (complete with cinnamon stick)... warmed you right up and was delicious. Time Out had an article this week on the best fall drinks in the city and I'll definitely be heading out to try some of those.

Ahhhh. Happy Autumn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment