Not mincing words here. This summer was the WORST. I mean, I had a great time hanging out with family and friends I hadn't seen in awhile, taking a break from school, attending super lovely weddings, traveling around and all sorts of fantastic things. Weather wise though, it was BRUTAL and I absolutely hated it. There were days here in the city when I would refuse to leave the apartment. The night my roommate and I were walking back from the movie theatre at 10pm and it was 100 degrees out without taking the humidity into account? Literally felt like you could swim through the air and when we got home, it looked like that's what we did. Gross. It's looking like fall is finally here to stay for awhile though and with that my attitude brightens. It's getting dark earlier now. I love it. Definitely have opposite seasonal depression. And we're getting into my happy seasons now. Yay.
Fall's been treating me extremely well too. Here are some fantastic key moments since I last wrote:
- my internship is really great, I love my coworkers (six of us share one office, so it's good to get along) and the kids are freaking adorable.
- went to the Pitbull/Enrique concert in Newark. Loved Pitbull. Loved. Loved.
- got caught in the rain without an umbrella twice and it was actually really hilarious and fun.
- my cousin Melissa came to visit for an amazing weekend and brought me two boxes of Lucky Charms (FAMILY size, even).
- saw Priscilla Queen of the Desert on Broadway. Crazy fun, highly recommend.
- went to Ari's last NYC show (for awhile) on Wednesday night which was (of course) awesome and saw this freakishly good duo, Barnaby Bright, open for him.
- every Tuesday I leave school feeling I definitely made the right decision to take this life path and I can't wait to graduate and see where it leads.
- the Tigers beat the Yankees.
On another note, as some of you know, my dad spent some time in the hospital this fall. He's been home for a bit now and seems to be doing well. My parents actually made a trip to Staten Island last weekend to make a delivery to a customer and I took the ferry over to have dinner with them. It was extremely wonderful to see him and give him a long overdue hug. He still has a long road in front of him but says he is cautiously hopeful. I'm hopeful too. Big thanks and hugs to those of you who lended me an ear and support. Friends, you are dear dear dear to me.
I had no idea about your dad but am glad to hear he is doing well!
ReplyDelete