Stacey texted me to see if I wanted to go see Declan Bennett at Rockwood and of course I did. Declan Bennett is currently in American Idiot. This is significant because know who else was at this tiny, intimate show of maybe 75ish people? This guy:

So that was cool. Turns out it was actually a "Declan Bennett...and friends" show which was awesome because all these ridiculously talented people got up to sing songs he wrote. I mean, these people have more talent in their pinky finger than I have in my entire body. Their singing and interpretations were breathtaking. So glad we went!
Today Rachel had off so this afternoon Katy met us at our place and we went to see Eat Pray Love. All three of us had read the book and really loved it so we were pretty excited to see the movie. I enjoyed it a lot, but especially loved the transition piece going from Italy to India. Though I've never been to India, it seems to me that section captured what it would feel like to be there for the first time. The part of me that still really loves casting thought the casting for Ketut couldn't have been better. That was exactly who I pictured when I was reading the book. The only thing I really didn't like was sailing off into the sunset at the end. Barf. Maybe I'm getting too cynical. :o) Afterward, Katy and I were craving spaghetti so we came back to the apartment and made some. Captured this of Katy and Rachel on the fire escape:
I keep having these moments recently, especially in the past week, that hit me... life is truly magical and spectacular. I'm trying to make sure that I am really IN every moment - experiencing it completely and appreciating it, whatever it is. It makes me so aware of what is going on around me. "Life is around you and in you." Make it so!
So jeal that Billie Joe was there!! Awesome!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are loving NYC. So happy. I saw EPL too and was fairly disappointed. I'm not religious, but that book made me feel the need to find some kind of spiritual balance. The move made it chintzy and cliched.
ReplyDelete