Friday night I met up with Katy at the Flatiron Building. There was a glassware shop over on 19th Street called Fishs Eddy that she wanted to check out. We actually went for Katy to get mugs with a specific pattern but both of us enjoyed checking out the whole store. Everything was so cute! Katy wanted the Carnival pattern and when I saw it, I thought it was adorable too. I had mentioned I was eating my cereal out of paper bowls because I left all mine back in Virginia so Katy bought me the cereal bowl as a late birthday present. Afterward we walked around, grabbed some Hagen Daaz and enjoyed the sounds of a Louisiana Second Line-esque band over at Union Square:
Saturday was my friend Scott's birthday. Scott just moved up to NYC too and is in graduate school at Columbia. I met up with him, our friend Meghan and his other friends Alicia, Blake and Edward in Central Park for a picnic. We ended up hanging out on the Sheep Meadow for several hours. Great day and great company!! That evening I headed back home and went to Rockwood with Stacey to check out Peter Bradley Adams. Stacey's friend Aaron was playing the drums which was cool.

On Saturday afternoon I walked up out of the subway to a missed call from my cousin Jason. He recently moved to Nashville, stationed there with the Air Force, but had some time off and came up to visit his girlfriend Lindsay who lives in Queens. He was calling to see if I'd like to meet up for Sunday brunch. OF COURSE! The three of us plus friends Marta and Chris had a delicious brunch at an Australian place on the Lower East Side called Bondi Road. Jason wanted to check out my apartment so the five of us came back and hung out for awhile just talking. After a few hours we decided to move to a coffee shop. As soon as we walked in the door, the skies opened up and it POURED!! Perfect timing. Both Lindsay and Marta have been in NY for a few years but Chris just moved up here too. I love meeting new people and especially other new to the city people. We all parted ways with promises of getting together again soon. Lindsay is also a HUGE Michael Jackson fan so I loaned her This Is It because she hasn't seen it yet and she may come to the birthday party in Brooklyn next weekend.
This evening I'm heading up to the Upper East Side for a delicious dinner with Meghan and Scott and Meghan's place. Tim, who just arrived in NYC, is joining up with us a bit later for adventures on the UES!
No comments:
Post a Comment