I'm going to grad school for REAL. Wednesday morning I hopped on the train up to Columbus Circle to sign up for my classes. During the foundation year in my program we have field placement on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays all day and then the actual classes are available on Thursdays and Saturdays. I was really hoping to get all my classes on Thursdays so I could have Friday - Sunday "free" to do other things. Cha-ching! That worked out. Here's what I've got:
Human Behavior and the Social Environment I
Social Justice Practice with Organizations and Communities
Generalist Social Work Practice with Individuals, Families and Groups I
Social Work Research I
You can check out the course descriptions here if you like. I'm pretty psyched to start classes but unfortunately have to wait until September 2nd.
On another free music note, last night Katy and I went down to Coney Island for the free John Legend show. We were running a little bit late and weren't really sure where the concert was so we got onto the boardwalk and followed the sound of John Legend's voice. It wasn't too long before we found the right spot. From where we were on the boardwalk we could see the park was pretty crowded but could see PERFECTLY from the boardwalk. We decided to plop ourselves down right where we were. Quite a few other people had the same idea. We got the same show but didn't have to deal with the crowd AND we got the wonderful breeze coming off the beach. Pleasant is really the only way to describe the evening. John Legend was wonderful, his voice so smooth and he's got this adorable baby face. He tricked everyone into thinking it was the end of the show and then came on for an encore with two more songs: Ordinary People and If You're Out There (which I love). From where we were sitting, we could hear the crowd in the park singing along to the "take it slow" part of Ordinary People and it was really beautiful. Some people where we were started singing too. Great evening on the boardwalk!
After the show we were both very hungry and very thirsty so we took a walk down to the Nathan's Famous to remedy that. Boy, their food is delicious but the service was s.o. s.l.o.w. We ate at a picnic table and took in some more of the sea breeze before heading to the train station. I jumped on the F which takes me directly to my stop which was great because I was pretty tired. While sitting on the train I could see the three girls across from me studying the tattoo on my foot. Eventually one of them asked me about it because they couldn't read it too well across the train. I explained it and they thought it was really cool. That made me so happy! Then they started a 20 minute photo shoot which was hilarious to watch. An hour after getting on the train I was back at my apartment and crashed into my bed. Well, shower first because it's still so stinking hot here. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment