I've been wanting to try Life Cafe for quite awhile now. It's been here in the East Village since 1981, started by a young couple from Michigan. Life Cafe gained a LOT of notoriety from the musical Rent but there is so much more history behind it. Please be sure to check out Life Story on their website. It just warms my heart and really made me fall in love with the place, even before I went. Kathy, co-founder of the cafe, still owns it and I saw her working there last night.
Anyway, earlier in the day I had tweeted how much I LOVE gray, cloudy, rainy days and Stacey replied with her agreement, should we grab dinner? I thought such a glorious day, a rarity in the summer, should be celebrated by my first trip to Life Cafe. What a great choice! The atmosphere = delightful. I love the whole philosophy of the place. Their motto? "Everyone welcome - good company guaranteed!" My mac-n-cheese was so delicious too and just the right portion size. I'm picturing myself going there for a warm bowl of chili on a crisp fall/winter day with some of my readings for classes. Very excited about that. Definitely the type of place I could be known to be a regular.
Recently I have been reflecting on the friendships I have in my life. It's very easy to see that even in such a big city, a person can get very lonely. I'm so thankful that already I have friends up here, one is even one of my best friends from high school who I lost touch with for a little bit, to be able to spend time with. Friendships need to be continually nurtured, so be sure you're always taking time out of your busy schedule for that. I'm incredibly grateful for the friends I have in my life. They (you!) really are the best. So, friend, I'm awaiting your visit and we will go to Life Cafe where we can grab a great meal or drink together. Good company guaranteed!
Sign me up! I wanna go, too!
ReplyDeleteNext time you come to the city, we're totally going!
ReplyDelete